Monday, July 4, 2011

Backpack Comparison: REI Flash 65 vs. Gregory Z65

Since my beloved Moonbow Gearskin custom backpack is not working for what I want it to do now, I have been testing two of the better lightweight backpacks on the market that are suited for lightweight two to ten day trips. My base weight (everything except food and water) right now is just under fifteen pounds. I have just shaved off about four pounds from my base weight, and I am looking at ways to drop another couple of pounds. For this last trip of five days, my total weight was 25 pounds, including food and 3 liters of water.


I have ended up returning the Gregory Z65 and keeping the REI Flash 65 due to two main considerations: fit and cost. The Flash 65 fits me better, and it costs $50 less. There are other reasons, two of the more important being weight and organization. See the video for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment