My green on Saint Patrick's Day was all around me! I went to the Arizona Trail/Pine Trailhead north of Payson. The weather was wonderful, starting at partly cloudy with a nice breeze and turning even nicer and cloudier during the early afternoon until I left.
I first went on the Oak Springs Trail, which was shorter than I expected and also got close to the highway, but was still lovely and I had it all to myself.
I first went on the Oak Springs Trail, which was shorter than I expected and also got close to the highway, but was still lovely and I had it all to myself.
When I got back to the start of it I went on Highline Trail next. The trees were a bit spaced apart but there was still enough shade and breeze to keep cool when it was more sunny early on. Once I got to the stream area, the forest became even nicer to walk through.
I continued on Highline Trail, heading toward the Donahue Trail and Red Rock Springs, though I believe I stopped at the start of the Donahue Trail. However I did get some great pictures from almost the top of the hill! And there were some interesting flowers, the white ones had a strange scent.
On my way back down Highline Trail, I stayed for a while at a wonderful tiny-boulder-filled area that was next to the stream. I read one of my favorite books for a while as it got cooler and cloudier. There were also several squirrels on my way back that practically posed for pictures!
Overall, a wonderful way to spend a Tuesday!
On my way back down Highline Trail, I stayed for a while at a wonderful tiny-boulder-filled area that was next to the stream. I read one of my favorite books for a while as it got cooler and cloudier. There were also several squirrels on my way back that practically posed for pictures!
Overall, a wonderful way to spend a Tuesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment