I have had the great pleasure of some great mountain biking in Oregon. These photos and videos are from June 26, 2016. I parked at a trailhead south of of Browns Camp. The river and waterfall here were very nice. The trail climbs a lot, but I like that in a trail :). The area is stunningly beautiful; the Tillamook State Forest, where this is located, is only an hour from Clackamas. The weather was perfect that morning: 50's and topping out in the 70's. The ride was great, through lush coastal range forest, with some open logged areas. The singletrack was all I have hoped for; some fast lines, some technical climbs, some great downhills with rocks and roots, and even a little mud.
I started out on the Wilson River Wagon Road Trail, rode clockwise south to University Falls, then swung north on the Gravelle Brothers Trail in a large, 8.5 mile loop. This is otherwise known as the Historic Hiking Trail.
I will be returning here many times as I get my legs back into shape. There are many other trails in the Tillamook to explore, and I will be returning for quite a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment